Lobster/Crab/Shellfish Continuous-Steam Cooker
ABCO's unique continuous HEAT/HOLD cooking process was developed in association with the Federal Agriculture Research Station in Kentville, Nova Scotia. Originally developed for blanching vegetables, the patented HEAT/HOLD technology has proven to be excellent for the continuous cooking of lobster, crab and other shellfish.
ABCO continuous HEAT/HOLD cookers have been installed in numerous Atlantic Canadian processing plants and have shown the following advantages over traditional cooking methods.
- Yield Increase: Three independent tests show a possible yield increase of 7% over traditional hot water cooking.
- Quality Improvement: Flavour retention and meat texture is noticeably improved.
- Better Meat Release: Trials have indicated a better meat release which saves time and effort.
- Energy Savings: Energy consumption is less than one-quarter of that used by traditional hot water cooking.
- Effluent Reduction: During normal operation the effluent would be one quarter of that produced by typical water cookers.
- Immediate Start-up: The machine requires only 3 minutes preheat time, which saves time and energy.
- Consistency of Cook: By virtue of our patented HEAT/HOLD process, the degree of cook is much more consistent than other methods.
- Improved Plant Efficiency: Due to the continuous style of operation, labour requirements are significantly less as compared to the batch style.
The above advantages provide product, labour and energy savings which yield a relatively short payback on initial capital investment.
AVAILABLE IN A WIDE RANGE OF CAPACITIES
CONTINUOUS FEED CONVEYORS AND COOLERS ALSO AVAILABLE TO MAKE COMPLETE LINE
Owner references are available on request.